Space Cowboy by Justin Stanchfield

On the remote planet of Aletha Three, a genetically engineered creature with the unstoppable killing instinct of earth's most ancient predators has begun stalking the struggling population. Armed only with his dad's old rifle, cowboy Travis must find out where the predator came from and how he can stop it - before it gets a taste for people, instead of cattle. Filled with danger and excitement, cowboys, spaceships and nightmare creatures, "Space Cowboy" is everything a boy could want in a book.

I like westerns and I like sci-fi stories so when I read the title of this book I expected to enjoy it. However I did not. The moment I got stuck into the book the more I felt it was a chore to read it. It was like the author was not interested in the moments when tension was being built.

Personally I would not recommend this book for entertainment purposes. But I give credit to the writer for how well it was written. I did not like the plot but the words seemed to slip off the page into my head with ease.

Reviewed by JM

Search This Blog