Mrs.MacNeill's been reading...

Really enjoyed Peter May's Lewis Trilogy - BlackhouseLewisman, and The Chessmen. I think it was the fact I have been to these places on the islands and could visualise.  I like trilogies, following the characters through their lives. Finding out how life was, rituals and how people lived etc. I'd have never of guessed who the killer was in the first book - took me by surprise.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn- I struggled with but persisted and it did get better, but felt it was all over the place in the beginning, very hard to follow the story line.

The Adventure of Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey - boys in ASD wanted this and enjoyed it, I liked it too as it was full of boys imagination and their humor.

Bloodline by Lynda La Plant - very good. There are lots of characters but she interacts with them much better than gone girl woman. The thrill of what will happen next keeps you reading i.e who dunit !

Blue Skies by Fleur MacDonald - a story which is filled with drama, romance, mystery and friendship. It is a tale to be inspirational. 

The Twelfth Card by Jeffrey Deaver - thriller with Lincoln Rhyme in it. Fabulous I loved it. I have read a few of his though. Good how it has the historical part to it from American history re slavery and freemen.

Search This Blog